The historic building has been reimagined by Loïc Le Gaillard and Julien Lombrail as a meeting place for innovation. Ladbroke Hall is the beating heart of a living community, an ecosystem, born of shared values: a passion for the arts and the natural environment. It is here to treasure creativity in our visitors, friends and patrons and strive to achieve the eclectic artistic expressions we embrace through art and design, music, theatre, dance, food and learning. Ladbroke Hall endeavours to join in building a fairer planet, showing care and resilience in the face of immense challenges.
The history of Ladbroke Hall is infused with ambition, innovation and craftsmanship. The story begins with the advent of car manufacturing at the turn of the century and an ambitious Anglo-French partnership.
Built in 1903, Ladbroke Hall was once the front building of an enormous Edwardian car showroom and assembly plant – the Clément-Talbot factory. The Beaux Arts building, with its grand portico and heraldic crest sitting atop a magnificent arched window, evokes an Edwardian country house. It is no surprise then to learn that it was financed by Charles Chetwynd-Talbot, 20th Earl of Shrewsbury & Talbot, who lent his family name and coat of arms to the company. The building’s name – Ladbroke Hall – was inspired by his parents-in-law’s country seat, and undoubtedly his love of classicism influenced the architecture.
Ladbroke Hall’s restoration and expansion include contributions from leading artists, designers and architects such as Sir Christopher Le Brun PPRA, Ingrid Donat, Nacho Carbonell, Vincenzo De Cotiis, Luciano Giubbilei, Nicolas Schuybroek, Robert Stadler, Michéle Lamy and Rick Owens.
As part of Ladbroke Hall’s vision, Community is a central part of our ethos. We are always looking to work with local artists and youth initiatives in the field of art, design, music and dining for education and mentoring opportunities.